free geoip pfong (older posts): View from the Needle

pfong (older posts)

Photographs & Notes from Singapore

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

View from the Needle

View from the Needle

View from the summit of Aiguille du Midi (South Needle) in the French Alps looking towards Pointe Helbronner, on the Italian side of the Alps. Let me know if you can spot the two people in the Vallee Blanche (White Valley).

On the bright and sunny day I took this picture, the temperature on the summit was -20 C.

4 Comments:

Blogger naniecheng said...

wow this is absolutely breathtaking! How did u get up to that height? Did you take a chopper?

6:44 PM  
Blogger pfong said...

I wish I could say that I climbed it, but alas we ascended using the telepherique (cable car) :)

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great view. I always wondered in the camera would operate properly in such extreme tempratures.

3:39 AM  
Blogger enemkay said...

i can see the two people! way cool...

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home